Friday, May 21, 2021

µPF--2 is able to use the IOM board

New step in the production of the µPF--1 compatible board: the use of the PIO of the IOM expansion. 

https://fjkraan.home.xs4all.nl/comp/mpf1


In fact, I picked up this 'supposedly' new extension a few years ago on eBay for a low price. Obviously, when it was powered, the general voltage was only 4.6V.

One of the RS232 drivers was problematic. So I removed it from the board and also changed the 5V regulator because the 7805 regulator which undoubtedly heated, only delivered 4.8V. The 5V restored, I connected the board to the µPF--2 and after some modifications of a small test program, I was able to run the famous basic 'Hello World' : the lighting of the three leds.


Yep, after 34 years, I am able to play with it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment