Friday, November 12, 2021

MSX Omega computer : 'Hello world" with the new USB keyboard interface.

The goal of my project is to develop an interface card to connect a keyboard directly to the MSX Omega main board. 

The MSX Omega processor board equiped with the USB keyboard adaptor :


A few days ago, I managed without too much difficulty to simulate a basic operation of the USB adapter allowing me to display characters on the screen.

However, it took me a few hours of additional testing to finalize a reliable mode of operation, including automatic key repeat as well as some modes of operation with the SHIFT key. 

I haven't implemented all the secondary keys yet, but in the current state, I was finally able to program my first "Hello World" :

OK, this tiny step is not going to change the face of the world, but just give me a little satisfaction ;-)

Everything always needs a start!


No comments:

Post a Comment